Online privacy is a serious issue, especially when children are involved, and EduKite has made sure it complies with the most recent Australian Privacy Principles.
Here are the facts:
Here are the facts:
- No personal information is collected from children using the EduKite website and limited personal information on teachers and parents, such as name and email address, is securely kept by EduKite.
- Statistical data on the way you use your kite may be collected and used by EduKite to improve the service, allowing us to tailor it to your specific needs.
- EduKite will never give out any of the information on children’s kites and no third parties can access this information.
- Teachers and educators are responsible for collecting content from their students to upload to EduKite. This information, in the form of text and photos, is then made available only to students and family members with login details to the password protected site.
- Staff with ‘kite master’ status, as assigned by the school or early learning centre, have full access to kites. Most teachers and educators have limited access, meaning they can only see the information they have posted and cannot access student profiles. This is compliant with Australian Privacy Principles.
- EduKite is not responsible for consent between parents and schools or early learning centres in the uploading of information. If you do not wish for your child to be assigned a kite, contact the school or early learning centre directly. Likewise, for issues surrounding the nature of the information appearing on your child’s kite, or to access to the original information, speak to your school or early learning centre.
- Early learning centres may choose to collect information on your child’s physical and intellectual development. This information may also include photographs of your child and their artwork, which can then be viewed on your kite.
- Information collected by early learning centres may be used in portfolios to address Early Years Learning Framework outcomes.
- Personal information is only disclosed to people authorised by the school or early learning centre. Generally this means parents will only see information regarding their own children but in some cases, group projects may be shown across the kites of all children involved.
- EduKite uses up-to-date web-based technologies to ensure a secure connection, protecting the transmission of you and your child’s information through the internet.